Friday, January 22, 2016

Quilts


Most readers here already know how much I love quilts.  It is a passion.  I make quilts, collect quilts, teach quilting, and study quilts, I can’t get enough.  But one thing until just recently I have never done with a quilt.  Sleep under one on my bed.  Why you ask.  DH likes to sleep under the down comforter when it is cold. So our bed has always just had a top sheet and the down comforter. I do have to say the comforter has a cover that I made from the Fons and Porter pheasant reproduction fabric. I made a quilt for our king size bed about 15 years ago.  It somehow ended up on the guest bedroom king size bed.  Then when I did get a quilt made for that bed, about 3 years ago, the one I had made for my bed got folded and put on a shelf. Lately the down comforter has been too hot, and the sheet not enough.  So I got out the quilt and put it on the bed. I feel so silly and stupid for what I have been missing. It feels so heavenly, just the right weight and warmth.  I am sleeping so good, why didn't I do this a long time ago?  Photos of a few of my antique pink and brown quilts.



I love pink and brown, made this basket quilt 2004.

4 comments:

  1. I waited years because our dog slept on the bed. I agree it helps make a great sleep...right now...winter in MIssouri...there are three! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Not only is it very practical the quilt you have on your bed is beautiful! Love your duvet cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your version of "The shoemaker's children go barefoot."

    ReplyDelete