Thursday, January 12, 2012

Antique Pillow Case

16" x 30"

Very surprised to find this antique pillowcase last July in Redmond Oregon. They called it a wall hanging.  It is the only one I have ever found. The colors are what Anne Hermes calls Pennsylvania German.  Wouldn't you just love to know how it got to Oregon?



The blocks measure about 3 1/2 inches to 4 inches

This is what is on one side of the pillowcase.


 


This reminds me of the quilt along Lori is doing called Pink Lemonade .

Check it out if you have not seen it, very cute.




6 comments:

  1. OMG. I love it, of course. Is it lined? How did it get to Oregon? Definitely PA origin. I haven't found a reference yet that anybody else made such patchwork pillowcases. I am so excited to see it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, it is lined, just on the pieced side. Glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. What a find! Did your 'picker' find it for you (AKA husband!) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spied it, not sure "picker" even knows what it is. It was hanging on a wall as a wall hanging.

      Delete
  3. Your pillow case is charming- What a find. If only it could talk and tell us how it got to Oregon.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I have never heard of a pillow case of that age! Normally when I see a quilt that has matching pillow cases it is a dead give away that it is a newer factory made/imported quilt. But this one is clearly an antique and beautiful! Great find , and a great thing to know about...they do exist
    Thanks for sharing it
    Tim

    ReplyDelete