Monday, July 15, 2019

Emma Andres Thirteenth Quilt 48 States Redwork

48 States Redwork Quilt
1935-1938




Emma purchased the patterns from the Home Arts Needlecraft Company.
Emma hand embroidered all the blocks, which took about a year.
Note the broken needle saved in the scrapbook.  This is my favorite quilt, I have a real
passion for redwork. I have a set of the exact 48 blocks.  The set of blocks, by the Rainbow Quilt Block Co could be purchased in 1933 for $1.59.My set was completed with colored thread. Someday hope to complete my interpretation of this quilt.





































































2 comments:

  1. What a striking and lovely pattern! Do you have plans to share this pattern? It is so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pattern available. The company is no longer in business. Original was printed on fabric squares sold in sets.

      Delete